Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Being a Mom for a whole day...

I am a MOM...

So for the first day of my daughters life things were alright, a little stressful though. I could not for the life of me get her to latch and I couldn't find a comfortable hold in that very uncomfortable hospital bed. I also was still itchy from the morphine, which is what was in my epidural. Now for a girl who barely takes a Tylenol this was pretty hard core for me and then to realize that the Benadryl they were giving me was making me feel off too. I don't even normally take cold medication cause I get all messed up, lol.

During my first Mommy day I did my best to breastfeed and still no matter how hard I tried could not figure it out. Had a few visitors and tried to sleep a little, but that night my SO had to go home and check on our pets and get himself a comfortable nights sleep, he had slept on cots and chairs for the last two nights and had been awaken every time I was checked on or the baby stirred.

Holy SH*T I am a MOM!

My first time ALONE was scary at first I didn't want him to go but I understood and he made sure he let the nurse assigned to me know  as well. The nurse I had was great she was supportive when I was frustrated about the baby not latching and she stayed and talked with me and didn't make me feel guilty about cup feeding DD.

After the nurse left I was alone again and I could do nothing but stare at this beautiful little girl in amazement...she was mine.  I created this perfect beautiful little girl. Wow!

The next time the nurse popped her head in she reminded me I should get some sleep...after a bit more staring, I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment