Friday, September 12, 2014

Facebook Etiquette in my Eyes

So sometimes I see stuff on Facebook or twitter that drives me bonkers so I thought I would compose a list of what I think should be done certain situations, here we go...


Birthdays:

It's your birthday and all your friends are wishing you a "Happy Birthday" you want to write thank you to all of them or you don't either way a simple "like"is a nice way of telling that person you saw their post and you appreciate them thinking about you. Why is that so hard? Especially with all the smart phones the notifications will let us know you read it instead of hoping we see your general "thank you"status post which as we all know Facebook gods may deem not important for us to see.

Condolences:

When I have written in the past about a death in the family of a member or of a friend your comments mean so much to me...keep them coming and if I only "like" what you written know that it means the world to me. If you are really curious for details, private message me and I will get back to you when I am ready.

Bad Day:

So your having a bad day, or you are sick, whatever...If I or anyone else takes the time to wish you well or give you words of encouragement for the love of GOD just "like" it!! When I see people who consistently complain about being sick or miserable it irritates me to no end, I don't want to come on Facebook and see misery but I understand there are times when you need to turn to your friends and get a little support. Just don't make it the only thing you do.

Completely Unintelligible Statuses:

Sure sometimes our technology thinks they know what we are trying to say and they want to help us out by spelling things for us, but they make things completely wrong...Before you post please proof read what you have written!! There is nothing worse then seeing someone who apparently graduated from high school have atrocious spelling, puts doubts in my mind as to the education system as should I home school my daughter. All it takes is an extra minute people!

Family:

Now I love that you have been a part of my life since the day I was born, since I was a kid or since whenever. There are things you know about me, nicknames, funny yet embarrassing stories etc. Please do not just go ahead and write them all over my pictures or wall. Some of us are trying to keep our Facebook professional to an extent. Also tagging me in your dirty jokes or about getting wasted are not cool especially if they are particularly offensive to other cultures, you may find that funny but I don't.

Now for Twitter:

If we are exchanging tweets and you've seen it please Favourite it, that way I don't feel like I am left hanging...I'll do it for you. If you really like what I've written please Re-Tweet it is greatly appreciated!

Follow me on Twitter!
@happysgurl

No comments:

Post a Comment