Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Am I a bad Mom?

So recently I noticed some issues with my daughters teeth. First it was a small spot that looked like a cavity right on the very front of her top tooth, then I noticed that her lateral incisors looked like they were actually broken. Then yesterday I noticed that it looked like she has some decay behind those teeth. I called the dentist and went today. Of course it didn't go well because she definitely didn't want strangers touching her let alone touching her mouth which was half my battle and why I didn't notice. Now I have a referral to have her sedated while they do her teeth and I am freaked out about it....I don't want her put out but I don't want this to become a problem for her.

Now as to why I feel like I am a bad mom...I don't like the cry it out practice, I can't do it. I tried but it wasn't for me, I don't like making her feel like she is being abandon therefore she sleeps at the breast and then nearby or at night with us in bed. She is always falling asleep at the breast, very rare does she sleep on her own, she can and has but the routine is for her have her mmm-ba (her name for the breast) before bed and when she is ready for her nap she takes my hand and tells me she wants the breast. The dentist recommends washing her teeth after she is done at the breast but how do I do this to a sleeping baby without having to start the whole process over again? I guess I am destine to figure this out as I have to do whatever I can to keep a handle on her teeth.

I feel as though by making things easy for her and less of a battle for myself I have created these problems with her teeth, I feel horrible. I don't want her to have these issues and I will have to get them dealt with but I am afraid of putting her out (sedating her) while she is so young. I know first hand how your smile can affect your self esteem as I too had issues with my own teeth and then at 25 got them straighten, although they have shifted slightly they are way better then they were. I don't want her to have this issues.

Follow Me @happysgurl 

No comments:

Post a Comment