Monday, November 4, 2013

My Favourite Things...

Okay for new mom's these are a few of my favourite things product wise:

Food:

Okay so I got a +Baby Bullet  for Christmas and it was fantastic for a while until DD wanted to eat everything we were eating now it is collecting dust. She does eat the odd pureed food and I find the @Heinz Baby food pouches the best as they incorporate both fruit and vegetables which is reassuring that she is getting a variety of foods.

Clothing:

The best clothes I got for DD are Carter's brand as they seem to fit the longest and have really have cute outfits that can mix with other pieces. As for needs, I didn't really need much more then a few diaper shirts at first and now at 16 months she is happiest in t-shirts and leggings or track/jogging pants. When we go out we tend to use the diaper shirts now that the weather is getting colder. For pajamas she slept better in two piece pajamas and it made diaper changing a whole lot easier, she now wants more one piece ones but the problem is with her running around it is hard to find ones with grippers on the bottom which is very important as most people have hardwood style floors or linoleum.

Diapers:

We love +Pampers Baby they are the best, right now we bought some size 3 cruisers that are getting a little small so we use them throughout the day and at night we use Pampers Baby Dry (size 4) and we have never had a problem. I think in total we have had only one blow out using Pampers and that was when she was first born and honestly I don't think any diaper would have held that much :)

Bedding:

We bed share so the crib gets barely used and we had a bassinet and we also barely used that but in all honesty I am glad I had them to try and decide how it was going to go. I still use the crib for some naps.

Toys:

The best toy we bought was her +playskool Rocktivity Sit to Stand Music Stand, she loved it at 6 months and it encouraged her to stand up, although the legs did come off we kept them on. Right now her favourite toy is her Potato Head family, she can play for hours by herself, I know it is recommended for kids 3+ but we have taken away the smaller pieces (the earrings). So as my favourite toy company it would be Playskool and she she loves +Sesame Street  and they promote those characters too.

Keepsakes:

I was all excited to get a baby book when I found out I was pregnant and so I went out and paid $30 for one and to be honest it is only half filled out. The best thing I found for keepsakes purposes was a photo book made by me and published by +Shutterfly it is beautiful, hard covered and personalized with my pictures. Best of all? +Shutterfly has the most amazing deals and most of my orders where under $10!! Even with delivery!

Anyways this is all I can think of at the moment so hopefully it helps any Mamma's :)
Follow Me @happysgurl 

No comments:

Post a Comment