Thursday, November 28, 2013

Signs...

July 25th, 2007

I had woken up early that day for some reason, I was unemployed at the time and didn't need to be any where but I hadn't slept well. I had woken up wide awake in the middle of the night so waking up early surprised me. After seeing hubby off to work I began watching Breakfast TV Toronto when I saw my Aunt Leslie was going to be on, I quickly began recording it, little did I know that my day was about to change dramatically from a moment of pride for my family to a very sad day.

After watching my Aunt I drank my coffee watched some other TV and fiddled around on the computer, checked out Facebook which I had just discovered at the time. About 10 am I heard my SO pull up so I went to the door to see why he was home so early...

The look on his face and the words that came out still haunt me to this day, the pain in his eyes having to deliver such horrible news. My brother Wesley had been in a car accident and had been killed instantly.

I was in shock I remember yelling no and breaking down and then calling my Mom and Stepfather to get details. My Stepfather was mostly matter of fact but you could hear the tears in his voice as he told me what he knew had happened, he had been driving with a friend to pick up a fridge and the driver had been drinking when he went off the road about 3 am, approximately the time I woke up for what I thought was no reason.

Another Sign?

Recently I suffered a miscarriage and although it sucked that it happened I am not upset about it as I know these things happen unfortunately. The days leading up to me even finding out I was pregnant I had a weird dream that my Stepfather was alive although he had died in 2008, it was so weird and real feeling that I can't even describe it properly.

Then the night after I found out I was pregnant I had a dream that I was taking my baby to meet my Grandmother who had died in 2003, but it wasn't my daughter, although when I first woke up I assumed it was. I didn't even put the meeting of the departed loved ones as a sign that the pregnancy was not going to last until after the miscarriage.

How strange is that? I am definitely going to pay more attention to dreams and weird feelings I get from now on.

Follow Me @happysgurl 

No comments:

Post a Comment